Vancouver city council voted unanimously Tuesday to move ahead with a pilot project to reduce the speed limit on certain side streets to 30 km/h, down from 50 km/h. Council directed city staff to identify a local street or area in Vancouver for the pilot, and report back with an implementation strategy and proposed road design by later this year.
Vancouver council unanimously supports 30km/h speed-limit pilot project
- Judge blocks some funds for U.S.-Mexico border wall
- South Africa inaugurates new president Ramaphosa
- No claim made for Lyon bomb, says French anti-terrorism prosecutor
- Great Thunberg; It's crazy children need to compensate for adult inaction
- U.S. President Donald Trump arrives in Tokyo
- Quake rattles Tokyo ahead of U.S. President Trump's visit