Vancouver city council voted unanimously Tuesday to move ahead with a pilot project to reduce the speed limit on certain side streets to 30 km/h, down from 50 km/h. Council directed city staff to identify a local street or area in Vancouver for the pilot, and report back with an implementation strategy and proposed road design by later this year.
Vancouver council unanimously supports 30km/h speed-limit pilot project
- Venice floods: swimming across St. Mark's square
- Venice mayor declares disaster as city hit by second worst high tide
- Bolivia swears in new interim president
- Top Australian court will hear George Pell appeal
- Despite tourist spectacle, flooding 'real problem' for Venice
- Turkish troops fired on Syria protesters: witness