Parisians raised their voices in song Monday night outside Notre Dame Cathedral as firefighters battled a massive blaze threatening one of France’s most revered attractions.The fire burned for several hours Monday, causing the collapse of the iconic spire towering above the cathedral.Consumed by flames, the spire leaned to one side and fell onto the burning roof as horrified onlookers watched.By late Monday night, both of the cathedral’s towers were safe, said Laurent Nunez, secretary to the interior minister.
Paris firefighters race to save Notre Dame from ongoing fire
- North Korea's Kim rides white stallion ahead of 'great operation'
- The World in Pictures
- HK policy address halted after heckling
- England soccer match twice suspended amid racist chants
- Dutch family 'waiting for end of time' found locked away
- Scientists find how deadly malaria parasite jumped from gorillas to humans