Vancouver’s 29th annual fireworks extravaganza is set to showcase the pyrotechnical skills of India, Croatia and Canada as the three countries light up the sky this summer. India started off the Honda Celebration of Light festival on July 27, with Croatia taking centre stage on July 31 as the first-time competitors take on team Canada, which will show off its stuff on Aug. 3. Every year, an estimated 400,000 people flock to the downtown core each night of the 10 p.m. show, preceded by an all-day family friendly affair that includes food trucks, a stage at Sunset Beach featuring a variety of musical and cultural performances, some linked to the countries mesmerizing crowds at night.
Fireworks festival to light up the sky over Vancouver (Video)
- Al Shabaab militants attack hotel in Somali capital
- Kenyan coffee farmers grapple with low prices, climate change
- Ethiopia's Abiy gives a warning with his Nobel Prize
- Banksy's flying reindeer highlight Christmas homeless plight
- Banksy reindeer mural goes viral amid rough sleeping crisis
- The Ethiopia PM's warning at Nobel Prize ceremony