500 g dried linguine
1 fresh red chilli
1 large knob of butter
extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
300 g crabmeat, from sustainable sources
2 bunches of asparagus
pea shoots or rocket, to serve
1, Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, deseed and finely chop the chilli. Melt the butter with a little oil in a frying pan while you bash the fennel seeds using a pestle and mortar till ground.
3. Add the fennel to the pan with the chilli and fry for 1 minute, then add the crab to heat through. Once done, remove from the heat.
4. Using a peeler, shred your asparagus into long thin strips and leave to one side.
5. When the pasta is done, drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water and add the pasta to the frying pan with the crab.
6. Place back on a medium heat, add the asparagus, the zest and juice of the lemon and toss well, adding a little pasta water to loosen.
7. Season to taste, then serve with a drizzle of oil, topped with pea shoots or rocket.