22 cloves of garlic
21 stick of celery
22 fresh bay leaves
2½ a bunch of fresh thyme
24 large portobello mushrooms
2100 g dried Puy lentils
22 tablespoons tomato purée
2400 ml organic vegetable stock
21 x 400 g tin of plum tomatoes
2350 g dried pappadelle
2½ a bunch of fresh baby basil
1. Peel the carrot, onion and garlic, trim the celery and roughly chop. Pulse it all in a food processor, until finely chopped.
2. Heat a good splash of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped veg mixture and bay leaves, pick in the thyme leaves and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Blitz the mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped. Add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
4. Stir in the lentils, tomato purée and stock, and squish in the plum tomatoes.
5. Season, reduce the heat to low and pop a lid on. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
6. When the lentils are almost done, cook the pappardelle according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
7. Drain the pasta and stir it through the bolognese sauce. Pick the basil leaves and sprinkle over the bolognese with a good grating of Parmesan to serve.